Monday, October 1, 2012

Cornerstone Genetics Sale - McLemore Offering Highlights

I had the opportunity to spend 3 days with Chance helping around the farm to get ready for the upcoming sale. I think I was helping, he might tell you I was only in the way. Either way I was there. I must say that Chance has things looking GREAT!!!!! The set of hogs in this particular sale are very typical of what you would expect from a JLM offering. Chance worked really hard to get pictures of the hogs that he thought represented what they were and I must say he did a very good job. I had the privilege of writing the descriptions for this set and it was an easy set to write about I will tell you.

I know most of you expected to see lots of purebred Hampshire hogs, but they were just too young and not ready to photo.  Chance is going to move most of them out this week and we did get a chance to go through them and there will be a killer set of Hampshire hogs to sell on but just not yet.  We can talk about those at a later date.

However, there is a really neat Hamp boar prospect in this sale in Lot 1.  He is a son of Hats Off at A Cut Above and out of the 37,000 record selling female from Belton.  This one could have a chance to be pretty good.  Pedigree and pieces are there, he just needs time.

2-2 Hamp Boar
Hats Off x 37,000 Record Selling Female from Belton
Sells at Lot 1
A really nice set of crossbred hogs in this sale highlight the offering in my opinion.  The 81 litter has a couple of solid black  hogs that are really nice out of the FORT boar.  These are easy feeding hogs with great skeletons.  The 82 litter is as deep as any.  4 boar or barrow prospects and 4 brood sow prospects.  Some of my favorites are in this bunch.  83 litter is a little greener but there are a boar and gilt in here that should turn some heads.  84 litter is very good.  Not selling many of them just yet but the 2 boars and gilt that are listed will get really high on lots of lists.  I really like the 85 litter hogs.  A bit younger, but lots of really quality hogs in here.  The 87 litter rounds out the cross sale offering.  Again, a bit younger but all the pieces are there for them to be super competitive with time.

82-8 Gilt
82-8 Gilt
82-5 Boar




















Give me a ring and lets talk hogs!!!!!!!

Brian Anderson
620-515-3348

No comments:

Post a Comment