Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lackeys Notes from the road.

Sorry that it has been awhile folks! It can get a little crazy and to be honest, blogging can be the last thing I think about. But I thought I would tell you about a few hogs to look up at the Expo.

Steve Sell has a really good cross boar headed to Des Moines, he is sired by Hill Billy bone and out of the 10 thousand dollar donation gilt from last year. This guy is good and needs to be studied.

Randy Wirt of South Dakota has a pair of Hampshire boars he is taking sired by Mac, these two hogs need a good home, they have a chance to make better Hampshires. They hit me really hard when I stopped in last week.

From a Duroc stand point I have seen several boars that have gotten me excited. Nathan Weisinger has a good one sired by Crown Royal that should turn a few heads. Nelson Bros Durocs of Wakonda SD are bringing a good pair of Red boars that will be different from a pedigree stand point and need to be studied.

I have seen several good Yorkshire gilts that will be making there way to Des Moines next week. If you are in the market look up Jim Grimm and the the Penner Genetics entries. They will not disappoint.

I have seen a lot of great hogs in the past month, these are just some of the highlights. Travel safe everyone, see ya in Des Moines next week. If you have questions give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment